Sunday, March 21, 2010

five users HEART me!

i finally have my etsy shop up and running, or at least up. i think it's running, although i have no orders as of yet to confirm that. do you think i'm a little anxious? after all, it hasn't even been 24 hours since i posted my first item. and lord only knows how this whole paypal thing works. money is supposed to be automatically transferred into my bank account when a customer buys something. really? i feel like i've set myself up as an easy target for identity theft by sending all this information out into cyberspace.

i have to say, the process has been fun. it's such a different approach to a life, and although i haven't started to rake in the do-re-mi, i'm hopeful i'll be able to squeak out an income. i keep going back in and refining images and terminology and shipping prices. i really don't want to undercharge for shipping, but it feels somehow unright to charge more for shipping than for the item itself. i suppose as a shop girl, i'll eventually circle in on the right combination of factors to make some money and also make my customers happy.

do you want to be my first customer? i'll throw in a little something extra if you do!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/studioduceyvintage




here are a few more pretty pieces to entice you into my shop. if you want to see what kind of bargain you're getting from me, go here. don't get me wrong, i love p.o.s.h., and they were pretty much inspirational for me. next time you're in chicago check them out.

3 comments:

  1. Carol Regner BohmbachMarch 22, 2010 at 12:59 AM

    Anne, I'm not sure what you're selling. Are these recycled dishes, something you made yourself, or what? I've been selling used books on Amazon for several years and haven't had any problems so far, at least so far as identity theft or financial problems. I created a separate bank account for that so my main account isn't affected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they're vintage dishes. on etsy you can sell handmade, supplies for making things and vintage (over 20 years old). go to the shop and check it out!

    ReplyDelete