Wednesday, March 3, 2010

my life at the card factory

i graduated from the university of california at davis some years ago with a bachelor of science degree in design. while my focus was textile design, i landed at that greeting card company with the intention of staying a couple of years to have something credible on my resume. wow. it ended up being 7 years the first time around and 16 years the second time around, with an interlude in between devoted to my three amazing daughters. i had myriad roles there, including art director and other-titles-that-do-not-describe-what-the-job-entailed. i ended my career as a designer for product (RED), mahogany (product specifically for the african-american consumer) and tree of life (product for the jewish consumer).

i loved the collaboration with illustrators, photographers, writers and other designers. i was particularly good at creating visuals that represented the words and tone of the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment